Have you ever been bored out of your mind on a road trip? Sadly, it happens to everyone. Here are a few things you can do to on road trips to keep your mind occupied.
- Enjoy the view! There’s no better place and time to look at the wonderful world outside (even if you might be driving through a desert). It’s easy to get bored from looking at one thing for too long but since you’ll be constantly moving, there’s no chance of that.
- Take pictures! Taking pictures is a great way to kill time. In our advancing world, just about anyone has the technology and capability of taking a picture, not just a professional photographer. This is also a great way to capture memories!
- Write! A lot of us keep journals and this is one of the best times to catch up on your daily logs. Of course it doesn’t have to be limited to journalism. You can write on anything: the scenery, the place you’re going to, or even a new book you’ve been working on.
- Use Tech! If you’re just about done thinking of how you have to sit in the car for a few more hours, catch up on the news, your social media, or even just chat with your friends. Though using tech is fun, it might be a problem when you’re in the middle of nowhere with no internet connection or Wi-Fi.
- Read! Reading is also a great way of taking your mind of your current situation. Take time to read up a book that you haven’t had the time to read. Or just reread one of your favorites. When it comes to reading, there are endless possibilities.
- Sleep! This is probably one of my favorites especially if your school or job deprives you of sleep time. Also, there’s no better way to fall asleep than a car lulling you.
- Draw! If you’re a talented artist, this might be the time to illustrate. You can draw pretty much anything: the fantastic view, a new anime, or even a flower. And those of you who don’t consider yourself talented in drawing, this might be the time to experiment and learn.
- Eat! Before you leave for the trip, grab a favorite snack or meal( preferably one that’s not too messy) to enjoy in the car ride.
- Play a Game! Playing games is a great way to occupy time especially if you’re with friends and family. You can play just about any game like card games, word games, or even I-Spy.
Remember, road trips don’t always have to be boring… Use these suggestions next time you have to sit through traffic or are driving for long distances to make your experience more memorable!